db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bergquist, Brett" <BBergqu...@canoga.com>
Subject how can I force a rollback of an XA transaction
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 13:55:45 GMT
The JVM that derby was running in crashed with a SEGV.  There application server also went
down.  When I brought both up, the database shows two XA transactions in the PREPARE state
(looking at syscs_diag.transaction_table) but the application server has no reference to these
transactions to force a rollback.  Files in the database "log" directory are being created,
with 3862 being the current count.

I need a way to get this to be cleaned up.  It would be best if this could be done with the
database online as I don't have days to wait for the database to come up.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Brett