db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Where can I find information on how to turn on tracing
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 01:56:43 GMT
On 12/28/2011 4:08 PM, Bergquist, Brett wrote:

> I am pursuing a bug where when the Network Client receives a Lock
> Timeout exception in
>

>                 if (agent_.loggingEnabled()) {
>
>                     agent_.logWriter_.traceEntry(this, "executeUpdate");
>
>                 }
>
> This code fails with an error indicating that there is no current
> connection.  It is as if something has closed the connection in
> between.  I want to enable as much tracing as I can so that maybe I
> can find this thing.  I am not sure if it is a problem on the server
> end of the DRDA connection or the client side.

Hi Brett,

Given DERBY-5553,  I think your options would be to
1)  Enable tracing on the ClientConnectionPoolDataSource
orClientXADataSource with:
ds.setConnectionAttributes("traceDirectory=./traceDir");

2) Fix DERBY-5553 and use the system property at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/UndocumentedDerbyBehavior