db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Problem with a deadlock with Derby 10.8.1.2 and Glassfish V2.1.1
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 22:00:05 GMT
On 12/21/2011 1:31 PM, Katherine Marsden wrote:

One more random bit of information for your test case.  I recall when I
needed to add an XA Specific test case adding the code below to
SavepointJdbc30Test to get the existing test to run as well with XA. You
might try doing that with the existing deadlock test cases to pop the
issue.  I don't think though that it tests two phase commit.

         // Repeat the embedded tests obtaining a connection from
         // an XA data source if it is supported. This is not supported
         // under JSR169.
         if (JDBC.vmSupportsJDBC3()) {
             embedded = new TestSuite(
             "SavepointJdbc30_JSR169Test:embedded XADataSource");
             embedded.addTestSuite(SavepointJdbc30Test.class);
             embedded.addTest(getEmbeddedSuite("SavepointJdbc30_JSR169Test:"
                     + "embedded only XADataSource"));

suite.addTest(TestConfiguration.connectionXADecorator(embedded));
             //             Repeat the client tests obtaining a
connection from
             // an XA data source if it is supported. This is not supported
             // under JSR169.
             client = new TestSuite("SavepointJdbc30_JSR169Test:client
XADatasource");
             client.addTestSuite(SavepointJdbc30Test.class);

suite.addTest(TestConfiguration.clientServerDecorator(TestConfiguration.connectionXADecorator(client)));

         }

It would be neat to have modes  in which all the tests could be run
using different types of connections, etc.

Kathey