db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Problem with a deadlock with Derby 10.8.1.2 and Glassfish V2.1.1
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 19:45:32 GMT
On 12/21/2011 11:20 AM, Bergquist, Brett wrote:

> I'm having some trouble getting client side tracing to work.  The
> connections are managed by Glassfish connection pool so I don't know
> where to set the traceDirectory and traceLevel properties.   Can these
> be specified as properties like the password, etc.

They  can be set on the connection URL or  with undocumented system
properties, documented here #:)
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/UndocumentedDerbyBehavior

Looking at the info, again I am curious if there are corresponding
server side traces in the derby.log.
Also it would be interesting to see if there are at this point any XA
Transactions in need of recovery in the database.
Just  exit your application and connect  with ij and run:

select * from SYSCS_DIAG.TRANSACTION_TABLE ;