db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Problem with a deadlock with Derby 10.8.1.2 and Glassfish V2.1.1
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 19:23:15 GMT
On 12/21/2011 8:34 AM, Bergquist, Brett wrote:

> I cannot upgrade to 10.8.8.2 at this point as this is in production
> without upgrade possibility.  A also at this point, I don't want to
> change to many variables and have the problem disappear.  Right now I
> can get it to reproduce pretty readily.
>
> I was able to connect with a debug and indeed the thread is blocking
> on the "java.net.SocketInputStream.read".  Through the debugger if I
> force an interrupt, I returns from the socket call with an I/O error.
> So does this mean that the problem is in the derby server side since
> the socket is  valid and not closed before I issue the interrupt?

If you are not seeing the expected SYNCCRD response from the server in
your trace, I would expect it is either a) A problem on the server side
that it is not being sent or b) a problem on the client side in terms of
determining wither this should flow.  Was there anything of interest in
the derby.log?

I would suggest you go ahead and file a Jira issue so you can attach the
trace or trace excerpts and reproduction when you get one.  Please put a
pointer to this email thread in there.

Thanks

Kathey