db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject how can we get better testing for collation based databases?
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 19:46:19 GMT
It seems like we are seeing a number of basic collation based errors
getting reported.  I am wondering if we can somehow leverage our
existing tests to get at least a one off run through the collation
codepaths.

Is there some way we could at least get the junit based non-collation
based tests to run through the collation code paths.  Best case would
be just some override on a run to use collation based database with
a territory that matches the default collation so that results would
still be right.  I don't know how hard this would be to do and not
screw up the tests that explicitly want to test different collations.

/mikem