db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject why does NetCursor.java get changed when you do a backport?
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 20:05:28 GMT

I've noticed that
java/client/org/apache/derby/client/net/NetCursor.java gets flagged as
M(odified) by svn after backporting a change from trunk to e.g. 10.8
using the merge -c command - even if you don't change that file.

Does anyone know why this happens?
It appears the only thing that gets changed is the props - I assume
the svn:mergeinfo property's value gets changed.
I've been issueing svn revert on the file, because I don't think this
file should get changed when I make no changes to it in the revision
that I backport, but I've also seen people check in the change. What
is the correct action?

View raw message