db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Mixed jar versions
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 14:27:32 GMT
Hi Kathey,

Thanks for getting your users to agree to this change. I wonder if it
would be useful to add some more logic to sysinfo so that it will print
out a big warning if mixed Derby versions are found on the classpath. It
should be possible for sysinfo to do this: sysinfo already knows what
jars are on the classpath and ProductVersionHolder knows how to look up
the Derby version stored in org/apache/derby/info/*.properties. In some
cases this may save tech support some trouble.

Thanks,
-Rick