db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: why does NetCursor.java get changed when you do a backport?
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 23:08:18 GMT
må. den 21. 11. 2011 klokka 12.05 (-0800) skreiv Myrna van Lunteren:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that
> java/client/org/apache/derby/client/net/NetCursor.java gets flagged as
> M(odified) by svn after backporting a change from trunk to e.g. 10.8
> using the merge -c command - even if you don't change that file.
>
> Does anyone know why this happens?

I think this started happening because DERBY-5306 was only partially
backported to 10.8. This made svn:mergeinfo for NetCursor.java become
different from svn:mergeinfo in the top-level directory. Each time we
backport a change now, the revision gets added to svn:mergeinfo both in
the top-level and in NetCursor.java.

> It appears the only thing that gets changed is the props - I assume
> the svn:mergeinfo property's value gets changed.
> I've been issueing svn revert on the file, because I don't think this
> file should get changed when I make no changes to it in the revision
> that I backport, but I've also seen people check in the change. What
> is the correct action?

I don't know, but I don't think it matters much what you do. I've
usually committed these changes because I trust that Subversion knows
best what to do...