db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From dag.wan...@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Problem with Oracle JDK 1.7 tests and DERBY-5363
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 17:45:21 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hatlen@oracle.com> writes:

> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.engine.RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest$2.run(RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest.java:694)
> 	... 18 more
> Caused by: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: system/testPermissions:
> Invalid argument (file system does not support NFSv4 ACLs)
> 	at
> sun.nio.fs.SolarisAclFileAttributeView.getAcl(SolarisAclFileAttributeView.java:327)
> 	... 23 more
> Failed to invoke suite():java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>
> Looks like ACL view isn't available if the tests are running on Solaris
> with the legacy UFS file system, whereas it probably works if the file
> system is ZFS or NFS.

The fix for Linux did not solve this, I still see the stack below.
>From the code, it appears that the call to get the ACL view:

                        Object aclView = getFileAttributeView.invoke(
                            null,
                            new Object[]{
                                fileP,
                                aclFileAttributeViewClz,
                                Array.newInstance(linkOptionClz, 0)});

must have succeeded because the error happens on this line:

                        if (aclView != null) { // Windows, Solaris 11
                            Object owner = getOwner.invoke(
                                null,
                                new Object[]{
                                    fileP,
                                    Array.newInstance(linkOptionClz, 0)});

                            List oldAcl =
  **********************>           (List)getAcl.invoke(aclView, (Object[])null);

which is disconcerting. I would have through that in the case of ACL
views not being supported, the call to getFileAttributeView(..,
aclFileAttributeViewClz, ..) would have failed. But it seems the view is
returned (see SolarisAclFileAttributeView.getAcl in the stack trace) but
we can't use it for getting the ACL itself... hmm.  I'll re-read the
Java docs find out if this is expected behavior or a JVM bug.

Thanks,
Dag

Failed to invoke class org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.engine._Suite
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.AllPackages.invokeSuite(AllPackages.java:176)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.AllPackages.suite(AllPackages.java:63)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All.suite(All.java:51)
	at junit.runner.BaseTestRunner.getTest(BaseTestRunner.java:126)
	at junit.textui.TestRunner.start(TestRunner.java:184)
	at junit.textui.TestRunner.main(TestRunner.java:143)
Caused by: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.engine.RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest.checkAccessToOwner(RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest.java:589)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.engine.RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest.suite(RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest.java:93)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.engine._Suite.suite(_Suite.java:53)
	... 14 more
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.engine.RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest$2.run(RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest.java:714)