db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From dag.wan...@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Problem with Oracle JDK 1.7 tests and DERBY-5363
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 02:56:02 GMT

>> I have noticed sice DERBY-5363 was checked in all the Oracle  jdk 1.7
>> runs show NA,
>> e.g.  here is the latest one:
>> http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/Daily/jvm1.7/testing/Limited/testSummary-1178434.html
>>
>> It seems to have started with the checkin of DERBY-5363, revision 1176591
>> http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/Daily/jvm1.7/testing/Limited/
>
> Thanks, Kathey. I will investigate.

I have checked in a patch which hopefully resolves this issue at svn
r1179042. This might also make the test work for IBM's JDK7 on Linux
now.

Thanks,
Dag

DERBY-5363 Tighten permissions of DB files to owner with >= JDK7

Patch derby-5363-followup-linux.

RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest for this feature broke on some
platforms (thanks to Kathey for noticing). Apparently, the ACL view of
Posix file system permissions is not available for all Unix/Linux
versions in JDK 1.7 (I had tested on Solaris 11 and Windows). The
changes in the test now fall back on using
PosixFileAttributeView#readAttributes if the ACL view is not
available.