db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Oracle JDK 1.7 tests and DERBY-5363
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 14:47:02 GMT
Kristian Waagan <kristian.waagan@oracle.com> writes:

>>> Thanks, Kathey. I will investigate.
>>
>> I have checked in a patch which hopefully resolves this issue at svn
>> r1179042. This might also make the test work for IBM's JDK7 on Linux
>> now.
>
> Hi Dag,
>
> It appears your fix is for Linux only ([1]), but the results show NA
> for suites.All on all platforms when running with Java 7.
> Is this a reporting problem, or is this, or another, bug affecting all
> platforms?

I checked the log for the nightly tests. The error happens in suite(),
so none of the tests are actually started. Here's what the failure looks
like on Solaris:

Failed to invoke class org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.engine._Suite
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.AllPackages.invokeSuite(AllPackages.java:176)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.AllPackages.suite(AllPackages.java:63)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All.suite(All.java:51)
	at junit.runner.BaseTestRunner.getTest(BaseTestRunner.java:126)
	at junit.textui.TestRunner.start(TestRunner.java:184)
	at junit.textui.TestRunner.main(TestRunner.java:143)
Caused by: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.engine.RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest.checkAccessToOwner(RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest.java:590)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.engine.RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest.suite(RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest.java:92)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.engine._Suite.suite(_Suite.java:53)
	... 14 more
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.engine.RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest$2.run(RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest.java:694)
	... 18 more
Caused by: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: system/testPermissions: Invalid argument (file
system does not support NFSv4 ACLs)
	at sun.nio.fs.SolarisAclFileAttributeView.getAcl(SolarisAclFileAttributeView.java:327)
	... 23 more
Failed to invoke suite():java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Looks like ACL view isn't available if the tests are running on Solaris
with the legacy UFS file system, whereas it probably works if the file
system is ZFS or NFS.

Dag's fix for Linux may also fix this, but the error seen on Linux is
different:

Failed to invoke class org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.engine._Suite
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.AllPackages.invokeSuite(AllPackages.java:176)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.AllPackages.suite(AllPackages.java:63)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All.suite(All.java:51)
	at junit.runner.BaseTestRunner.getTest(BaseTestRunner.java:126)
	at junit.textui.TestRunner.start(TestRunner.java:184)
	at junit.textui.TestRunner.main(TestRunner.java:143)
Caused by: junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.engine.RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest$2.run(RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest.java:673)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.engine.RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest.checkAccessToOwner(RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest.java:590)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.engine.RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest.suite(RestrictiveFilePermissionsTest.java:92)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.engine._Suite.suite(_Suite.java:53)
	... 14 more
Failed to invoke suite():java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

On Windows, it looks like the error happens in the test framework that
starts all the tests. It fails when trying to move files to/from the
machine. It might be that a failure in an earlier test run prevented
some resources from being released and that manual intervention (like a
reboot) would be necessary to get the tests running again. Let's first
see what happens when Dag's fix is picked up.

--
Knut Anders