db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Errors on Windows/JDK 7 (was: Re: Regression Test Report - Daily 1179285 - Sun DBTG)
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:25:19 GMT
dag.wanvik@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik) writes:

> It seems the NA problem has gone away 1.7 for Linux. with the new patch
> for DERBY-5363.  I thought that patch might solve the issue with an
> older UFS based Solaris as well, but it is still failing. I'll look at
> it. I am not sure the Windows error is related to this issue, as Knut
> also hinted at:
>
>> On Windows, it looks like the error happens in the test framework that
>> starts all the tests. It fails when trying to move files to/from the
>> machine. It might be that a failure in an earlier test run prevented
>> some resources from being released and that manual intervention (like a
>> reboot) would be necessary to get the tests running again.

I rebooted the machine and cleaned the test directory, but we're still
seeing NA for derbyall and suites.All. I managed to fetch the logs
manually, and they show that many tests fail with "Access is denied" and
similar error messages, which does sound suspicious. Full log from
suites.All can be found here:

http://people.apache.org/~kahatlen/logs/loki20.txt.gz
(315 failures, 708 errors)

I'll see if I can find another Windows box and try to run the tests
manually. Has anyone else successfully run suites.All on a recent
version of trunk with JDK 7 on Windows lately?

--
Knut Anders