db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Errors on Windows/JDK 7
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:15:22 GMT
dag.wanvik@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik) writes:

> Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hatlen@oracle.com> writes:
>

>> I rebooted the machine and cleaned the test directory, but we're still
>> seeing NA for derbyall and suites.All. I managed to fetch the logs
>> manually, and they show that many tests fail with "Access is denied" and
>> similar error messages, which does sound suspicious. Full log from
>> suites.All can be found here:
>
> I does look related, but I can't see what the problem is. I have run
> test on Windows many times with JDK 1.7, even with the latest patch.
>
> I presume there isn't another user account involved here (à la
> JAG-user or some such)?

Yes, there is (for the uninitiated, JAG is the name of the test agent
running on the nightly test machines, part of the JET test framework -
http://kenai.com/projects/jet/pages/Home). However, I think everything
runs as the same user.

Right now the machine on which the problem is seen is busy running
release tests, so I'll try to reproduce it on another machine. If it is
reproducible, I'm sure we can add some tracing to find out what's going
on. Otherwise, we'll just have to wait until the release tests have
completed and try again in that environment.

--
Knut Anders