db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.8.2.2 release
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:07:42 GMT
I ran stress test for sequence generator and identity generator
(org.apache.derbyTesting.perf.clients.Runner. Added by DERBY-4565 and
DERBY-5445) to see how they will run with Rick's changes backed out
from 10.8 release. I ran both the tests multiple times and didn't run
into any lock time outs or sequence contention problems with either
one of them. The tests took an average of about 1mint49sec-2mins to
finish.

I ran those tests on trunk again to compare the results with 10.8
release candidate runs. The sequence generation test on trunk on
multiple runs did not come across any errors. The identity column test
did run into lock timeouts and
it took more than double the time(compared to 10.8 release candidate) to finish.

Mamta