db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject trouble with maven
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 01:09:24 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to follow the instructions for deploying maven(2) on:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReleasePublication

I'm new to maven, so I'm stumbling blind; I did find I had to set an
environment variable M2_HOME or I couldn't even do mvn -version; but
now that I've done that, it appears as if the instruction:
      mvn "-Dgpg.passphrase=$PASSPHRASE" clean install
is successful, and I get files in my $HOME/.m2/repository/org/apache/derby.
However, when I next attempt the subsequent instruction:
      mvn "-Dgpg.passphrase=$PASSPHRASE" -Dmy_login=$APACHE_USERNAME deploy
I get errors like this:
-----------------------------------
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[WARNING]
[WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for
org.apache.derby:derby:jar:10.8.2.2
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-gpg-plugin is missing. @
org.apache.derby:derby-project:10.8.2.2,
C:\[mypath_to_topof10.8]\maven2\pom.xml, line 119, column 15
[WARNING]
-----------------------------------
and:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.5:
deploy (default-deploy) on project derby-project: Failed to deploy artifacts/met
adata: No connector available to access repository apache.releases (scpexe://peo
ple.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository) of type d
efault using the available factories WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory -> [Help 1]

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Myrna