db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.8.2 testing: recovery after crashing engine
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:35:46 GMT
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Rick Hillegas
<rick.hillegas@oracle.com> wrote:
> "Recovery after crashing engine" is one of the checklist items for 10.8.2
> vetting: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenEightTwoChecklist. What is this
> test? Is someone planning to run this test?
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick

I was wondering this too.

I think a long time ago Suresh or Manjula did some manual testing? But
I looked (searched in JIRA, and in mail archives) and couldn't find
any proof of what exactly they did.
But we have some crash/recovery tests in the functional tests, so I
think this is intrinsically met now, so I updated the wiki with a
checkmark.
If anyone has another suggestion, please speak up.

Myrna