db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.8.2.2 coming up
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2011 01:31:13 GMT
On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 2:10 AM, Kristian Waagan
<kristian.waagan@oracle.com> wrote:
> Den 07.10.2011 00:36, skrev Myrna van Lunteren:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Rick has backed out the fix for DERBY-4437.
>>
>> I'm running nstest on a couple of machines and - of course depending
>> on the results in the next day or so - I hope to make a new candidate
>> release on Monday, October 10, 2011.
>>
>> I'm not updating the wiki pages just yet...
>>
>> I believe most fixed bugs that are suitable for backport have been
>> backported.
>>
>> I only have the following possibles:
>> DERBY-3823 - NullPointerException in stress.multi test
>>       The fix hasn't yet been checked in, but this might be nice to
>> avoid this old intermittent test failure. Is this change suitable for
>> backport or could it cause incompatibilities?
>>
>> DERBY-5427 - I think Kathey is on this. Would be nice to have, but it
>> only affects ibm 1.7 users and only in specific situations.
>>
>> Any issues anyone is working on backporting?
>
> Hi  Myrna,
>
> I'm working on DERBY-5447, which is a Java deadlock involving the automatic
> index statistics daemon. It causes two threads to hang indefinitely.
> I have two patches, one ran for 1099 iterations of the hanging test suite
> without hitting the problem, the other is currently at 879 iterations (each
> iteration takes 60 - 90 seconds). Without the fix(es) the test ususally
> hangs after 9 to 30 iterations.
>
> The good news is that the second patch is an isolated change to the istat
> daemon itself, instead of modifying the core code in
> BasePage.releaseExclusive. I wouldn't be afraid to port this to 10.8
> immediately after the fix goes into trunk.
>
> I don't want you to hold back the release because of this issue (as several
> factors have to come into play to trigger it), but it would be good to know
> when you plan to produce the next release candidate.
>
>
> Regards, and thank you for your continued efforts for a solid 10.8.2,
> --
> Kristian
>
>>
>> Regards,
>> Myrna
>
>

I really wanted to make a release candidate on Monday, but I think
it's not useful while we're analyzing various error conditions after
Rick's backing out work for DERBY-5448.
So, at this point, I don't think I'll make a release candidate on
Monday. Let's see where we are at the end of Monday.

Myrna

Mime
View raw message