db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: trouble with maven
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:51:46 GMT
Den 25.10.2011 07:09, skrev Myrna van Lunteren:
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 9:49 PM, Kristian Waagan
> <kristian.waagan@oracle.com>  wrote:
>> On 25.10.11 03:09, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to follow the instructions for deploying maven(2) on:
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReleasePublication
>>>
>>> I'm new to maven, so I'm stumbling blind; I did find I had to set an
>>> environment variable M2_HOME or I couldn't even do mvn -version; but
>>> now that I've done that, it appears as if the instruction:
>>>        mvn "-Dgpg.passphrase=$PASSPHRASE" clean install
>>> is successful, and I get files in my
>>> $HOME/.m2/repository/org/apache/derby.
>>> However, when I next attempt the subsequent instruction:
>>>        mvn "-Dgpg.passphrase=$PASSPHRASE" -Dmy_login=$APACHE_USERNAME
>>> deploy
>>> I get errors like this:
>>> -----------------------------------
>>> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
>>> [WARNING]
>>> [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective
>>> model for
>>> org.apache.derby:derby:jar:10.8.2.2
>>> [WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for
>>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-gpg-plugin is missing. @
>>> org.apache.derby:derby-project:10.8.2.2,
>>> C:\[mypath_to_topof10.8]\maven2\pom.xml, line 119, column 15
>>> [WARNING]
>>> -----------------------------------
>>> and:
>>> -----------------------------------
>>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.5:
>>> deploy (default-deploy) on project derby-project: Failed to deploy
>>> artifacts/met
>>> adata: No connector available to access repository apache.releases
>>> (scpexe://peo
>>> ple.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository) of
>>> type d
>>> efault using the available factories WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory ->
>>>   [Help 1]
>>> -----------------------------------
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>> Hi Myrna,
>>
>> I tested deployment to a server I have available, and it worked without
>> problems from a Solaris machine.
>>
>> Too me the above messages look like problems with your maven installation,
>> but I'm not sure.
>> Has anyone been able to deploy Derby to the Maven repository using Windows?
>>
>> Finally, I don't understand where "-Dmy_login=$APACHE_USERNAME" came from.
>> It has made it into the instructions on the wiki, but I don't think it
>> works. The full instructions in maven2/README don't mention this property at
>> all. The user name is controlled through SSH configuration.
>>
>> I'll give the test deployment a try from a Windows machine to see if I trip
>> over the same problems using a clean install of everything.
>>

>> --
>> Kristian
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Myrna
>>
> Thanks for replying Kristian!
>
> Well, I found one thing where I made a mistake; I had downloaded Maven 3!
> Maven 2 seems to be doing better, but I had forgotten I have trouble
> with scp (I get 'permissions denied', although ssh works fine) on the
> machine where I was working. I'm trying now - with Maven 2 - on
> another machine, I will report back with results...

Ok.

I spent some time trying to get the scp wagon (i.e protocol) working
again, and this time around it seems to work fine. I have only tested on
Windows so far, but the advantage of using scp over scpexe is that you
don't have to use an external tool. Using the external tool is somewhat
cumbersome, since it generally isn't the same on Unix-like platforms and
Windows, and because Maven doesn't seem to be able to pass the correct
arguments to it.

If you can't get this to work and you want to publish the artifacts
quickly, I can do it for you. In that case I'll need access to the Derby
release artifacts you built (you may have uploaded them to the dist
directory already).

Another option is that I walk you through using the scp wagon - it
should be really simple. If so, please send me a private email and we
can get in touch on IRC (or just join the #derby channel on freenode).

Regards,
--
Kristian