db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: trouble with maven
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 04:49:03 GMT
On 25.10.11 03:09, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to follow the instructions for deploying maven(2) on:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReleasePublication
>
> I'm new to maven, so I'm stumbling blind; I did find I had to set an
> environment variable M2_HOME or I couldn't even do mvn -version; but
> now that I've done that, it appears as if the instruction:
>        mvn "-Dgpg.passphrase=$PASSPHRASE" clean install
> is successful, and I get files in my $HOME/.m2/repository/org/apache/derby.
> However, when I next attempt the subsequent instruction:
>        mvn "-Dgpg.passphrase=$PASSPHRASE" -Dmy_login=$APACHE_USERNAME deploy
> I get errors like this:
> -----------------------------------
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [WARNING]
> [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective model for
> org.apache.derby:derby:jar:10.8.2.2
> [WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-gpg-plugin is missing. @
> org.apache.derby:derby-project:10.8.2.2,
> C:\[mypath_to_topof10.8]\maven2\pom.xml, line 119, column 15
> [WARNING]
> -----------------------------------
> and:
> -----------------------------------
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.5:
> deploy (default-deploy) on project derby-project: Failed to deploy artifacts/met
> adata: No connector available to access repository apache.releases (scpexe://peo
> ple.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository) of type d
> efault using the available factories WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory ->  [Help 1]
> -----------------------------------
>
> Any suggestions?

Hi Myrna,

I tested deployment to a server I have available, and it worked without
problems from a Solaris machine.

Too me the above messages look like problems with your maven
installation, but I'm not sure.
Has anyone been able to deploy Derby to the Maven repository using Windows?

Finally, I don't understand where "-Dmy_login=$APACHE_USERNAME" came
from. It has made it into the instructions on the wiki, but I don't
think it works. The full instructions in maven2/README don't mention
this property at all. The user name is controlled through SSH configuration.

I'll give the test deployment a try from a Windows machine to see if I
trip over the same problems using a clean install of everything.

--
Kristian