db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Oracle JDK 1.7 tests and DERBY-5363
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 11:17:51 GMT
On 05.10.11 04:56, Dag H. Wanvik wrote:

>>> I have noticed sice DERBY-5363 was checked in all the Oracle  jdk 1.7
>>> runs show NA,
>>> e.g.  here is the latest one:
>>> http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/Daily/jvm1.7/testing/Limited/testSummary-1178434.html
>>>
>>> It seems to have started with the checkin of DERBY-5363, revision 1176591
>>> http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/Daily/jvm1.7/testing/Limited/
>>
>> Thanks, Kathey. I will investigate.
>
> I have checked in a patch which hopefully resolves this issue at svn
> r1179042. This might also make the test work for IBM's JDK7 on Linux
> now.

Hi Dag,

It appears your fix is for Linux only ([1]), but the results show NA for
suites.All on all platforms when running with Java 7.
Is this a reporting problem, or is this, or another, bug affecting all
platforms?
It will be interesting to see what happens in the next run when your
change is picked up.

Regards,
--
Kristian

[1] It may be based on the availability of the functionality, not on
operating system - I haven't checked.