db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: 10.8.2 coming even closer
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 19:20:11 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I will probably not do much work preparing for the release on Friday
> or over the weekend, but still intend to build a release on Monday,
> Sept 12, so checking now on the various things I think are going on
> that might make it:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4275 (Knut):
> 	On Sep 1, Knut wrote: "I think [backport] should be safe. I'll have a
> look. I'll probably resolve the issue again now, since the original
> fix did improve the situation, and file a new report for the remaining
> issue revealed by the regression test case."
> 	It looks like a fix was commited on Sep 2 for the issue revealed by
> the test case - so this issue is now complete and can be closed?

Yes. I haven't filed the new report yet. Will do that shortly and close
the issue.

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5236 (Knut): On Sep 1,
> Knut wrote "I'm not sure if a complete fix will be in place for 10.8.2
> (or if the complete fix will be suitable for backport since it may
> involve protocol changes), but I intend to backport as much as
> possible of the code in this issue."
>     current status: the following commits went into trunk: 1104365,
> 1163131, 1164495, and a patch is ready for review. No backports to
> 10.8 yet.
>     I'm still hoping this will make it into 10.8, but won't wait the
> release for it.

I plan to commit the current patch tomorrow morning, if there are no
objections. Then I'll add a little bit of code to make sure that the new
server code doesn't break old clients (essentially disable the
server-side fix when talking to an old client). If that doesn't cause
any breakage in nightly tests over the weekend, I'll backport all the
fixes to 10.8 on Monday morning just in time for the RC.

If this proves to be a too aggressive schedule and the backport isn't
ready on Monday, I agree that it's not worth holding up the release for
this fix.

Thanks,

-- 
Knut Anders

Mime
View raw message