db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: 10.8.2 coming closer
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 15:53:25 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> We're about 12 days away from the date I picked to produce the
> 10.8.2.0 release candidate.
>
> I finished backported fixes for a number of bugs (I don't intend to
> backport a number of sql-to-junit conversions).
> I am watching the following issues (some critical), hoping they'll get
> fixed in time for a backport:

[...]

> DERBY-5236? (Client driver silently truncates strings that exceed 32KB
> - assignee: Knut)

I'm not sure if a complete fix will be in place for 10.8.2 (or if the
complete fix will be suitable for backport since it may involve protocol
changes), but I intend to backport as much as possible of the code in
this issue.

> Is the latest change for DERBY-4275 (Query executions fail when
> compressing a table using SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_COMPRESS_TABLE - assignee:
> Knut) backportable?

Yes, I think it should be safe. I'll have a look. I'll probably resolve
the issue again now, since the original fix did improve the situation,
and file a new report for the remaining issue revealed by the regression
test case.

> I think I'll backport the fix for DERBY-5396 unless someone else wants
> to do it.

Feel free to do so. I didn't do it right away because the fix didn't
merge cleanly. The fix is so simple that it shouldn't be difficult to
backport it by hand, though.

--
Knut Anders