db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: A potential bug report
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 12:32:00 GMT
Yiqing Zhu <XGDJ_alex@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> Currently I’m doing some programming analysis work on derby.
> And I found that in the function ”EmbedResultSet.close()”, we should
> add the follow snippet after the statement “currentRow =null”. In
> order to make the function complete.
> Snippet:
> if (columnGotUpdated != null && currentRowHasBeenUpdated) {
> initializeUpdateRowModifiers();
> }
> Am I right? Wish you reply, thank you very much!

Hi Yiqing,

Thanks for reporting this potential problem. Could you please elaborate
on why you think the extra code is needed in EmbedResultSet.close()?
After close() has been called, most methods of EmbedResultSet will throw
an SQLException if they are called. So it might be OK that some state
variables are not reset by close, as they will not be used again.

Knut Anders

View raw message