db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: release candidate generated...but...
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 13:37:04 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:

> I don't understand the details either or I would've fixed it right
> away - I thought perhaps it worked in combination with the 3rd digit -
> but apparently not.

It works in combination with the first two digits in the version number,
but it is less significant than those two. So the tuple (10, 9, 0) on
trunk is higher than (10, 8, 1) on the 10.8 branch, even if 0 is lower
than 1.

> So perhaps the drdamaint version needs to be upped
> on trunk also?

My understanding is that it should be set on the branch only.

> I would like it best if the release process could be automated enough
> to get the old drdamaint version from the release.properties file.

Yes, I think keeping the old drdamaint version is the correct behaviour
of the release script. We typically don't want to change that property
when we bump the version, only when we backport a change that needs
special handling in the protocol.

Changing it manually in release.properties should be enough to get it
working again for now, though.

Knut Anders

View raw message