db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Melaka Gunasekara <donmel...@gmail.com>
Subject Support for FULL OUTER JOIN
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 08:32:27 GMT
Hi all,

I'm an undergraduate form University of Moratuwa.
I and three of my colleagues are willing to implement full outer join for
Derby.

We also came across this mail.
http://old.nabble.com/Start-with-Derby-and-Full-outer-JOIN-td31060327.html

We have done following basic steps.

1. We downloaded and built the Derby source
2. We were able to debug the Derby code using Netbeans
3. Able the dumb the query plan
4. Looked at the source code and are in the process of understanding how the
Left Outer join has been implemented
 (NestedLoopLeftOuterJoinResultSet.java )

We are trying to understand how Left Outer Join has being implemented and
them implement the Full Outer Join.

It would be a big help if someone can point us to other classes that we
should study in order to understand
the full procedure that happens when a query for a Left outer join is
executed.

--
Best Regards,
Melaka