db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DERBY-5367 and the next 10.8.2 RC
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 23:41:17 GMT
On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Kristian Waagan
<kristian.waagan@oracle.com> wrote:
> Hello Myrna,
>
> I have committed a fix for DERBY-5367 [1] on trunk. When do you plan to
> generate the next RC for 10.8.2?
>
> I think the patch is good to go for 10.8, but it would be good to have
> someone else having a final look at it too. I have tests running on 10.8 now
> - all test runs on trunk were clean. The merge is also clean.
> I'd prefer to have the results from 10.8 before I backport the fix, but I'll
> get some sleep now so I can't do it before tomorrow morning local time (in
> about 8 hours from now).
>
> If you want to generate the RC before that, I'll leave you with the choice:
> you backport the fix [2], you leave it out, or you wait one more day.
>
>
> Regards,
> --
> Kristian
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5367
> [2] Revision 1174436.
>

Hi Kristian,

Thanks for your hard work on that issue...

I'm still struggling to get a handle on errors seen in the nstest
system test that I ran, and I'd rather get that further analyzed
before I generate a new release candidate. Also, I think Kathey still
wanted to do some further research and analysis into some of the
cross-version upgrade/compatibility testing she was performing...

So I don't anticipate making another RC until further next week -
perhaps as late as Oct 3, giving us ample time to look at these
issues. I saw you said you'd be out of town next week...Will you be
able to communicate by email in case we have questions?

Myrna

Mime
View raw message