db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First Draft 10.8.2 release notes
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 16:25:30 GMT
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 6:00 AM, Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> wrote:
>>> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Dag H. Wanvik<dag.wanvik@oracle.com> wrote:
>>> [...There] are not user visible changes and could be left out, I think.
>>>
>>On 9/9/11 2:40 PM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
>>[...]I didn't think I should manually adjust the release notes.

[...]
> If people feel strongly that the release notes are too verbose, then we
> should discuss how to flag noise issues in JIRA. That way we can
> programmatically exclude them from the filters. It's late in the day to do
> this for 10.8.2 but we could consider this change for 10.9.
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick

I don't want to do this for 10.8.2.

I think perhaps a 'development only' or 'internal' flag could be used
to mark issues that would not be useful to end-users.

I was wondering whether we want to go back to having 2 files or have 1
Release Notes file with 2 sections.
(We had at one point the "changes" file in addition to the release
notes, but if I remember correctly, the difference between the two
wasn't clear).

I lean slightly in favor of 2 different files - so that someone can
pass on only the end-user relevant file. Perhaps the other file could
be called e.g. Derby_Project_Notes...(I find it difficult to come up
with a name that clearly separates developers using derby from
developers of derby).

But now first I need to make a release.

Myrna