db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First Draft 10.8.2 release notes
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 21:40:30 GMT
On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Dag H. Wanvik <dag.wanvik@oracle.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for assembling this, Myrna.
>
> Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>  DERBY-5331 Incorrect use of CharsetEncoder in DDMWriter
>>  DERBY-5354 Remove unnecessary dita.regex build target
>>  DERBY-5318 Use assertDirectoryDeleted in ReplicationRun and remove dead code
>>  DERBY-5314 Enable i18n tests in non-English locales
>>  DERBY-5291 testDerby4137_TransactionTimeoutSpecifiedNotExceeded
>>  DERBY-5262 Running JUnit tests with Java 1.4.2 fails if the package private
>>  DERBY-5253 Engine code references
>>  DERBY-5252 make GrantRevokeTest pass in non-English locale
>>  DERBY-5251 make ErrorCodeTest pass in non-English locale
>>  DERBY-5247 Warnings regarding XPath displayed when generating JavaDoc
>>  DERBY-5211 Make SysinfoCPCheckTest pass in non-English locale
>>  DERBY-2625 SEVERE error involving column-width property
>>  DERBY-2623 SEVERE error involving column-number property
>>  DERBY-3337 convert jdbcapi/derbyStress.java to JUnit
>>  DERBY-5084 convert ijConnName.sql to a ScriptTest junit test
>>  DERBY-1903 Convert largedata/LobLimits.java to junit
>
> These are not user visible changes and could be left out, I think.
>
> Rest looks good to me!
>
> Thanks,
> Dag

Thanks for the review (Rick too)!

I did a little experiment, to see if I could tweak my filter, and I
succeeded in getting most - but not all - issues you mentioned by
removing the 'Test' component. I didn't think I should manually adjust
the release notes.

However, I then checked on what Rick has done for e.g. 10.8.1 and test
issues, which end-users wouldn't see, were included in the release
notes for that release also, look e.g. for DERBY-5174 in those.

I remember - maybe incorrectly - that Apache instructs us to include a
record of *all* changes that went into a release, I think that's why
we're including test and build changes (as well as changes to source
that hasn't been in any official release). I think this is related to
the fact that our apache release also includes a source distribution.

So I think those bugs will stay in the release notes...

Rick, as the most recent release manager, if I'm going off track with
my reasoning, let me know...

Myrna