db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: failure with Java 7 in GrantRevokeDDLTest
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 21:18:18 GMT
On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Dag H. Wanvik <dag.wanvik@oracle.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With my last "svn up I" I see the following failure when I run with Java
> 7 (not with 6), sane classes or sane jars (I didn't test insane), on
> Solaris 11.
>
> It seems the recent checkin 1167226 introduced this failure.  Should I
> log an issue?
>
> Caveat, there are knows issues with the first Java 7 release. If it
> looks mysterious, we could wait till the update release is available to
> track this down..
>
> Dag

Hi Dag,

I noticed this failing when I looked at the jdk 1.7 nightly tests a
couple of days ago, and mentioned it in an email...I am more focused
on 10.8.2 at the moment though.

Although it definitely popped up after that change to the test for
DERBY-5044,  I think you should log a separate issue. If it turns out
to be a Java 7 release issue, it can be closed as Invalid later. But
perhaps Mamta has a different opinion...

Myrna