db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject 10.8.2 coming even closer
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 17:22:39 GMT
Hi,

I will probably not do much work preparing for the release on Friday
or over the weekend, but still intend to build a release on Monday,
Sept 12, so checking now on the various things I think are going on
that might make it:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4275 (Knut):
	On Sep 1, Knut wrote: "I think [backport] should be safe. I'll have a
look. I'll probably resolve the issue again now, since the original
fix did improve the situation, and file a new report for the remaining
issue revealed by the regression test case."
	It looks like a fix was commited on Sep 2 for the issue revealed by
the test case - so this issue is now complete and can be closed?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5236 (Knut): On Sep 1,
Knut wrote "I'm not sure if a complete fix will be in place for 10.8.2
(or if the complete fix will be suitable for backport since it may
involve protocol changes), but I intend to backport as much as
possible of the code in this issue."
    current status: the following commits went into trunk: 1104365,
1163131, 1164495, and a patch is ready for review. No backports to
10.8 yet.
    I'm still hoping this will make it into 10.8, but won't wait the
release for it.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5347 (Kathey): Still
working on this, I think.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5363 (Dag): not happening
for 10.8, looks like. (patch ready for review, gathering info from
user list).

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5398 (Rick submitted a
patch for review, would be good to get it in).

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5404 (Kim): fix was
committed to trunk (being backported?)

Please let me know of any additions, corrections...

Thx,
Myrna