db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.8.2.1 release
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 16:27:12 GMT
On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 12:38 AM, Tiago Espinha <tiago@espinhas.net> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> What's the status on this release? Is the sysinfo issue going to be a
> showstopper? Are we getting a respin of the release or pushing this one
> through?
> Regards,
> Tiago

Hi Tiago,

The discussion about the sysinfo issue moved to the JIRA issue I
created for it (DERBY-5410), and on closer examination, turns out
Derby is currently correctly reflecting support for JDBC 4.0 - even
when using Java 7 - because the support for JDBC 4.1 isn't fully
implemented in Derby yet. (That line doesn't reflect the JVM's JDBC
version, but the Derby support).
I think it possibly should reflect Java 7, but that's minor. The issue
has now been linked to the issue logging support for JDBC 4.1, which
isn't actually marked as fixed in 10.8.
:-)

Even if it were a true bug I wouldn't re-spin the release for a
problem of sysinfo that was already present in the previous release on
this branch...

Testing and analysis is still on-going...

Myrna