db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1169998 - /db/derby/code/branches/10.8/build.xml
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 13:46:04 GMT
On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 2:06 AM, Kristian Waagan
<kristian.waagan@oracle.com> wrote:
> On 13.09.11 03:21, myrnavl@apache.org wrote:
>>
>> Author: myrnavl
>> Date: Tue Sep 13 01:21:14 2011
>> New Revision: 1169998

>> Log:
>> DERBY-5287; adjusting executable to ant.bat for my environment
>
> Would it be an idea to script this, such that 'ant' or 'ant.bat' is chosen
> based on the operating system?
>
> It can be done with some code duplication at least, I'm not sure if it can
> be done in a more elegant way as well.
>

> --
> Kristian

Yes, it would be good to have this scripted, this should be
independent of platform.
But - I do not understand why it didn't work; when I run 'ant' from
the command line, the OS *knows* it need to run ant.bat, but it failed
when it was called from build.xml. Perhaps someone knows the
explanation?
I can spend some more time on this later and/or will log a separate bug.

Myrna