db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: DERBY-5367 and the next 10.8.2 RC
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 08:00:17 GMT
On 23.09.11 01:41, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Kristian Waagan
> <kristian.waagan@oracle.com>  wrote:
>> Hello Myrna,
>>
>> I have committed a fix for DERBY-5367 [1] on trunk. When do you plan to
>> generate the next RC for 10.8.2?
>>
>> I think the patch is good to go for 10.8, but it would be good to have
>> someone else having a final look at it too. I have tests running on 10.8 now
>> - all test runs on trunk were clean. The merge is also clean.
>> I'd prefer to have the results from 10.8 before I backport the fix, but I'll
>> get some sleep now so I can't do it before tomorrow morning local time (in
>> about 8 hours from now).
>>
>> If you want to generate the RC before that, I'll leave you with the choice:
>> you backport the fix [2], you leave it out, or you wait one more day.
>>
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Kristian
>>
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5367
>> [2] Revision 1174436.
>>
>
> Hi Kristian,
>
> Thanks for your hard work on that issue...
>
> I'm still struggling to get a handle on errors seen in the nstest
> system test that I ran, and I'd rather get that further analyzed
> before I generate a new release candidate. Also, I think Kathey still
> wanted to do some further research and analysis into some of the
> cross-version upgrade/compatibility testing she was performing...
>
> So I don't anticipate making another RC until further next week -
> perhaps as late as Oct 3, giving us ample time to look at these
> issues.

Sounds good.

 > I saw you said you'd be out of town next week...Will you be
> able to communicate by email in case we have questions?

Not really, but I'll arrange for something. Posting any questions on 
derby-dev would be easiest for me to handle (i.e. instead of on the JIRA).


FYI, my tests on 10.8 came back clean (with one exception) and I plan to 
backport the fix on Saturday.


Regards,
-- 
Kristian

>
> Myrna


Mime
View raw message