db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 18:45:59 GMT
On 9/20/2011 11:26 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> I have linked DERBY-5423 to DERBY-4437. This error can now appear as a
> result of the work done on DERBY-4437. It is possible that the error
> will go away if the default preallocation range for
> sequences/identities is boosted from 20 values to something bigger
> like 200. You might try re-running the test with this property setting:
>    derby.language.sequence.preallocator=200
> If that does fix the problem, then we may want to consider whether 20
> is too low a default for this setting.
Thank you Rick.  Once an appropriate default is determined, I think it
would be good to update the release note to include a specific reference
to this error and actions  to avoid it if it occurs on upgrade. Sadly, I
think it is something that users are not likely to hit until they are in
a heavily loaded production environment.  Is there a way to acheive the
prior behavior where there is not a risk of the error occurring?

View raw message