db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: 10.8.2.0 release candidate generated...but...
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 13:10:39 GMT
On 9/12/11 9:56 PM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had to do some tweaking of/around the ant release build target
> (about which I will worry tomorrow), but I did manage to get the RC1
> for 10.8.2.0 on the public_html site.
>
> However, the automated process set the drdamaint number back to 0, and
> I suspect that was wrong.
The release properties are written by
org.apache.derbyPreBuild.ReleaseProperties. Right now that program
hardcodes drdamaint to be 0. Here are some ways we can change that program:

1) Hardcode drdamaint to be 1.

2) Make drdamaint a parameter to the program, like the Derby version id.

3) Make the program retrieve drdamaint from the existing
release.properties file and write exactly what was read.

The meaning of drdamaint is unclear to me and I don't understand why
drdamaint is 0 on the trunk but is supposed to be 1 on the 10.8 branch.

What are your thoughts about the meaning of drdamaint and how this
program should behave?

Thanks,
-Rick