db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: 10.8.2.0 release candidate generated...but...
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 10:50:15 GMT
On 13.09.11 06:56, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had to do some tweaking of/around the ant release build target
> (about which I will worry tomorrow), but I did manage to get the RC1
> for 10.8.2.0 on the public_html site.
>
> However, the automated process set the drdamaint number back to 0, and
> I suspect that was wrong. So, before calling the test and vote I'd
> like to make sure the fix for DERBY-5236 is still working correctly.
> Otherwise I will need to spin a RC2 after looking at the release
> target to prevent it from resetting that number.
>
> I'm running tests, but I didn't see any specific test included in the
> backport, so, Knut, can you check the release works properly with
> regard to your fix?
>
> It can be downloaded from:
> http://people.apache.org/~myrnavl/derby-10.8.2.0-RC1/

Hi Myrna,

Some of the files in that directory are lacking the required read
privilege and cannot be downloaded. This one does work though:
http://people.apache.org/~myrnavl/derby-10.8.2.0-RC1/db-derby-10.8.2.0-bin.zip

Also, I backported a test fix (DERBY-5394) to the 10.8 branch.
Currently, there's a high chance that running 'ant junit-lowmem' will
fail with RC1.

--
Kristian