db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Myrna van Lunteren (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (DERBY-5287) tasks for 10.8.2. release
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 18:55:09 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5287?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13103903#comment-13103903
] 

Myrna van Lunteren commented on DERBY-5287:
-------------------------------------------

There were a couple of issues that tripped me up while generating the release artifacts.

1. ant release complained in svnclean target about local.properties. I am always using this
file, rather than $HOME/ ant.properties because I've got multiple branches on the same machine.

I tried moving the local.properties file to a different  location, and then using ant -propertyfile,
but it doesn't see that. We need to somehow make ant release accept local.properties.

2. ant release would fail in the builduserdocs target, complaining: 
-------------------------------
C:\derbyt\108\10.8\build.xml:2711: The following error occurred while executingthis line:
C:\derbyt\108\10.8\build.xml:2052: Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program
"ant" (in directory "c:\derbyt\108docs\10.8"): CreateProcess error=2,
 The system cannot find the file specified.
-------------------------------
This went away when I modified the executable name to ant.bat (and checked it in, or the build
would have a 'M' in the version number).
We should either prompt for the ant executable, or figure out how to make this work.
I need to spend a little more time investigating this issue, for when I run in the command
line, it finds 'ant.bat' when I issue 'ant'. Perhaps there's something specific to my environment.

3. the build process created a tools/ant/properties/release.properties file with inconsistent
line-endings, and as a result, svn commit failed, and as a result of that, the tree was no
longer clean and again the build had a version number with 'M'. 
I think it might be possible to check for the result from the svn commit, and if failed, prompt
the release manager to (a)bort, (c)ontinue. That way, I could open another window and resolve
the inconsistent line-endings.
As it was, I took advantage of the setup on my machine that when I click on a dos or cygwin
window, it switches to 'text select' mode, which halts the process running in the foreground.

4. ant release automatically set drdamaint version to 0.
In most cases, this would be ok, but we have a special situation with this build where drdamaint
needed to be 1 for the fix for DERBY-4236. We should make ant release retain the drdamaint
version as is on the branch.

These issues might warrant their own jiras.

> tasks for 10.8.2. release
> -------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-5287
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5287
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Task
>          Components: Miscellaneous
>    Affects Versions: 10.8.2.0
>            Reporter: Myrna van Lunteren
>            Assignee: Myrna van Lunteren
>             Fix For: 10.8.2.0
>
>         Attachments: RELEASE-NOTES.html, relnotes_10.8.2_draft1.diff
>
>
> placeholder for commits etc. related to the 10.8.2 bug fix release

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message