db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From ajithsri <ajith...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data Compression for Query Processing
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:31:11 GMT

Hi,

Since the compression is attribute level. can someone help to locate the
places where i need to add the compression(insert query) and
decompression(select query) codes?

for testing: just add the compression technique to VarChar data types(in
SQLVarchar class), so when calling "insert into mytable values ('my
string');" it compressed and stored.
can someone help to find the place to apply the decompression method for
select query?

thanks in advance.
ajith