db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: weme failures with a sane build
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 07:30:46 GMT
Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> writes:

> On 8/23/11 1:02 PM, Kathey Marsden wrote:
>> On 8/23/2011 9:15 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
>>> Hi Kathey,
>>>
>>> I disabled the new test on JSR169. It uses a table function which
>>> implements the JDBC 3.0 ResultSet interface. That causes
>>> ClassNotFoundExceptions on JSR169. Let me know if you are still
>>> seeing problems with that test.
>>>
>> Thanks for taking care of that.
>>
>>> The other problem I have not seen before. I run the tests against
>>> sane jars. Can you reproduce the problem with sane jars on Java 5,
>>> 6, or 7?
>>>
>> I think it is specific to weme and specific to sane builds so may
>> have been around for some times since the nightlies run with the
>> insane build.  I filed DERBY-5389. It would be interesting to see if
>> phoneME has a the same issue with a sane build
> Yes. It would be great if someone who has a working phoneME
> environment could try this out. I tried yesterday on my phoneME
> environment which runs on top of Ubuntu under VirtualBox on my Mac.
> The test doesn't even run for me in that environment--I get security
> violations at startup. I could swear that I used to be able to run
> JUnit tests in that environment. It will take some effort to figure
> out what is broken.

Here's what I see in phoneME when I re-enable the test case, *both* with
sane and insane builds:

1) test_11_5369_5370(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.RestrictedVTITest)java.sql.SQLException:
Java exception: 'java.sql.Array: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError'.
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.javaException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement169.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver169.newEmbedPreparedStatement(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.GeneratedColumnsHelper.chattyPrepare(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.GeneratedColumnsHelper.assertResults(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.RestrictedVTITest.vet5370positive(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.RestrictedVTITest.test_11_5369_5370(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestCase.runBare(Unknown Source)
	at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(Unknown Source)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(Unknown Source)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(Unknown Source)
	at sun.misc.CVM.runMain(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.sql.Array
	at java.lang.Class.getMethods0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.iapi.services.loader.ClassInspector.findPublicMethod(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.MethodCallNode.resolveMethodCall(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.StaticMethodCallNode.bindExpression(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.FromVTI.bindVTITables(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.FromList.bindTables(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.SelectNode.bindNonVTITables(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.DMLStatementNode.bindTables(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.DMLStatementNode.bind(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.CursorNode.bindStatement(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericStatement.prepMinion(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericStatement.prepare(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.conn.GenericLanguageConnectionContext.prepareInternalStatement(Unknown
Source)
	... 27 more

--
Knut Anders