db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject release 10.8.2 plans
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 19:52:26 GMT
Hi,

I updated the web site page regarding the 10.8.2 release:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenEightTwoRelease

I picked September 12 as the date to create the 10.8.2 release,
followed by two weeks for sanity testing and voting.

This would give us a release date (with some time because of the weekend) of:
 September 26, 2011.
Please let me know if you think this is too late or too early.

Please look on this release page also for bugs to fix, there are links
to reports of data corruption, wrong results and crashes.

Please also look over the issues you've worked on since the release of
10.8.1 and backport any issues you wanted to, or let me know if you
still intend to backport any specific issue but haven't done so yet.

I am thinking of backporting some issues now, to start with:
- DERBY-4260: Make derbynet/NetworkServerControlClientCommandTest run
regardless of the locale
- DERBY-5211: Make SysinfoCPCheckTest pass in non-English locale
- DERBY-5252: make GrantRevokeTest pass in non-English locale
I think it will be valuable for future testing of this branch.
Does anyone see a problem with this?

Regards,
Myrna