db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject 10.8.2 coming closer
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 17:59:25 GMT
Hi,

We're about 12 days away from the date I picked to produce the
10.8.2.0 release candidate.

I finished backported fixes for a number of bugs (I don't intend to
backport a number of sql-to-junit conversions).
I am watching the following issues (some critical), hoping they'll get
fixed in time for a backport:
DERBY-5367  (Stale data retrieved when using new
collation=TERRITORY_BASED:PRIMARY feature - assignee: Kristian)
DERBY-5363  (Tighten default permissions of DB files with >= JDK6 -
assignee: none)
DERBY-5236? (Client driver silently truncates strings that exceed 32KB
- assignee: Knut)
DERBY-5395  (By default, only the DBO should be allowed to run several
of the diagnostic VTIs - assignee: Rick)
DERBY-5387  (Memory leak or unbounded consumption problem when running
a utility to copy one database to another using SYSCS_EXPORT_TABLE and
SYSCS_IMPORT_TABLE - assignee: none)
I don't intend to hold up the release for any of these.
Please let me know if my assessment of this list is wrong, i.e. if
there are any issues which I've missed.
Please let me know if you feel strongly that one of these (or another
issue) needs to be fixed in 10.8.2.

Is the latest change for DERBY-4275 (Query executions fail when
compressing a table using SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_COMPRESS_TABLE - assignee:
Knut) backportable?

I think I'll backport the fix for DERBY-5396 unless someone else wants to do it.

Thanks,
Myrna