db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bergquist, Brett" <BBergqu...@canoga.com>
Subject RE: Performance problem with derby
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:19:06 GMT
Do it this way:

CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_RUNTIMESTATISTICS(1);
SELECT * FROM ....;
VALUES SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_RUNTIMESTATISTICS();
CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_RUNTIMESTATISTICS(0);

Replace the "SELECT * FROM ..." with your query.  The "VALUES SYS..." will return one row,
one column that contains the statement execution plan.

I use SquirrelSQL client and run the first statement, run the query, run the "values".  Look
at the query plan, and then turn the statistics off.

-----Original Message-----
From: mogoye [mailto:sylvain.roulet@eloquant.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:10 AM
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: RE: Performance problem with derby

Thanks a lot for your answer.

But after few tries to use XPLAIN I did not succeed to learn any thing, I
always get an error message when I run :

CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_RUNTIMESTATISTICS(1);
CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_STATISTICS_TIMING(1);
CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_XPLAIN_SCHEMA('MYAPP');

I did not succeed to run the 3rd command I always get a :

Error: 'SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_XPLAIN_SCHEMA' is not recognized as a function
or procedure.
SQLState:  42Y03
ErrorCode: -1
Error occured in:
CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_SET_XPLAIN_SCHEMA('MYAPP')

My derby version is 10.8.1.2.

Does any one have an idea ?

Thanks again.