db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bergquist, Brett" <BBergqu...@canoga.com>
Subject RE: What do I need to change to affect the derby release build number
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 23:04:32 GMT
That will work for what I will need to do.  The build number option is sufficient.  It is only
to be able to verify that the version of derby.jar that is being used is the special build.

Thank you!

Brett
From: Dag H. Wanvik [dag.wanvik@oracle.com]
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 5:51 PM
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: What do I need to change to affect the derby release build number

"Bergquist, Brett" <BBergquist@canoga.com> writes:

> I need to build a private copy of Derby 10.8.1.2 with a fix for:

> And I want to uniquely identify that this is my private build and not
> build 10.8.1.2.  Where should I make a change so that this can easily
> be seen.  I would really like this to come out something like in the
> derby.log with something like "10.8.1.2 CP Special 1" or something
> similar.

Derby prints the svn version number of the sources used to produce the
release in derby.log

Booting Derby version The Apache Software Foundation - Apache Derby - 10.8.1.2 - (1095077):
instance a816c00e-0131-871c-0b6b-00000324a858

If you build your own from modified source it would show something like
this:

Booting Derby version The Apache Software Foundation - Apache Derby - 10.9.0.0 alpha - (1152930M):
instance a816c00e-0131-874e-6961-00000324ea00

cf the "M" (modified) after the svn version number.
If you like you can also build with a number of your choice by giving
the build an explicit number, e.g.

ant -Dchangenumber=666 -q all buildjars

If you want something more radical, cf. the code in
BasDataFileFactory#boot, search file the line whihc uses MessageId.STORE_BOOT_MSG.

Hope this helps,
Dag