db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: dist symlinks
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 14:41:25 GMT
Hi Kristian,

Creating these symlinks has been the first step of release publication
as far back as I can remember:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ReleasePublication That first step now
looks garbled--I don't know how text was inserted in the middle of the
script which creates the symlinks. As you note, the symlinks seem to
function at http://archive.apache.org/dist/db/derby/

I don't know who looks at these symlinks. Creating them may be nothing
more than the superstitious ghost of a dead process. Or maybe something
will break.

Maybe Andrew remembers why we create these symlinks. Could someone who
works with Andrew tap him on the shoulder?

Thanks,
-Rick