db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Build issue
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 15:50:28 GMT
On 8/19/2011 4:37 AM, Jayaram Subramanian wrote:
> HI All,
> Yes there was  a conflict for basetestcase file and i did MC(My
> conflict) as an option... Is that what caused the issue ?
Probably that is the issue. There is some conflict for which your
changes took precedence and you lost the changes that were in trunk.
At this point you'll probably want to fix things up manually.  If you
have the subclipse plugin installed in eclipse, you can right click on
the file and choose compare latest from repository. If you have a visual
diff tool you can look at the diff this way.

svn cat -r HEAD BaseTestCase.java > BaseTestCase.java.HEAD
diff BaseTestCase.java BaseTestCase.java.HEAD

replacing "diff" with your visual difftool.

If your changes are not too extensive, sometimes it is easiest just to
make a copy of your changed file, svn revert it and make the changes
again manually.

When I have a conflict with svn update, I usually make a copy of my file
and choose their conflict, just because I figure I will be able to
better figure out what went wrong with my code and redo the change vs
the code I am bringing in.

HTH

Kathey