I am implementing a poor man’s data partitioning with data being inserted into different tables depending on the week of the year.  I want to bring these tables back together as single virtual unified table that can be queried up only, no inserts or updates required.

I am looking at maybe using a Restricted Derby Style Table Function to do so because I have some optimization mechanisms that I would like to employ in the implementation.   Can a Derby Style Table uses the nested connection?

Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:default:connection");