db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <kahat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JVM memory settings for running suites.All
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 15:35:44 GMT
Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.derby@gmail.com> writes:

> I recently tried running the junit suites.All on a new machine I'm trying
> to configure, and I get:
> OpenJDK Client VM warning: CodeCache is full. Compiler has been disabled.
> OpenJDK Client VM warning: Try increasing the code cache size using -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=
> I'm using this JDK:
> java version "1.6.0_20"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.1)
> OpenJDK Client VM (build 19.0-b06, mixed mode)
> Can anybody who's using a similar configuration reply with the non-default
> JVM settings that they use for running tests?

I increased that setting to 48M in the nightlies a while back to silence
the warning, but it has reappeared in many of them now, so I'll see if
64M works better. The warning appears to be harmless, though. The tests
will continue, but possibly slower since the compiler is turned off.
This has typically happened during the upgrade testing when I've seen
it, probably because we have ~20 versions of every Derby class loaded at
the same time.

Knut Anders

View raw message