db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From siddharth srivastava <akssps...@gmail.com>
Subject Topic at Derby IRC channel
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2011 09:23:30 GMT
Hi

I am aware that IRC is not considered as official medium of communication
for Apache projects, but I have been hanging out on Derby IRC for quite
sometime and have seen so many questions unanswered and neither have seen
those questions redirected to the Derby mailing lists.
Wouldn't it be a good idea, to include URLs to derby user mailing list and
developer mailing lists in the topic of Derby IRC channel, so that those
users/developers who migrate from projects frequently using IRC can easily
know the best resource to put there questions. Also it wouldn't give them an
impression that Derby is an inactive project when it comes to providing
support, help and guidance.(as perceived by most of the developers involved
with projects using IRC as an official medium)

Thanks
--
Regards
Siddharth Srivastava