db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject What are the possible values for the TYPE column in SYS.SYSSTATEMENTS system table?
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2011 14:43:17 GMT
Hi,

I am in need to find out if a given SPSDescriptor belongs to a trigger
or it is a non-trigger SPSDescriptor. I see a column named "TYPE" is
SYS.SYSSTATEMENTS which might serve the purpose but the reference
manual says that it can only have value "S". But the actual code in
SPSDescriptor seems to allow following three values for it.
	public static final char SPS_TYPE_TRIGGER	= 'T';
	public static final char SPS_TYPE_REGULAR	= 'S';
	public static final char SPS_TYPE_EXPLAIN	= 'X';

I will debug further to see if it safe to assume that a SPSDescriptor
for trigger action will have "T" for the type in SYSSTATEMENTS but I
wanted to check on the list here to..

thanks,
Mamta